
Grandpa and Rich getting ready to split the beehive and having fun with the duct tape and smoker.

Grandma prepares Grandpa for the possible attack of guard bees! She makes sure that there is NO possibility of any bees getting near her man!

Grandpa never goes without his diet Coke! Even fully dressed, he needed a last minute sip!

Grandpa smokes the bees down while Rich carefully removes frames of bees.

Wow! Look what I found. The dark spots are bees, and the tan sections are baby bees (brood) inside the comb. These bees will hatch soon and help the hive gather nectar and pollen.

Rich is carefully looking for the queen bee. He is making sure that there are enough baby bees in both hive boxes to keep them both healthy and alive.

At last we have two beehives for the bees to work with and make honey for the family as well for themselves.
I remember the smell of that smoke, it lingers for days! I am glad that the bees are healthy and doing well, just make sure not to use a cell phone near the hive, remember what happened in England!
ReplyDelete